Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Top Five Songs of My Youth

I can't believe I haven't posted anything here since the Summer Olympics...Good Grief.

Baby steps to get back on the horse. These are the Top Five Songs of my youth, and by youth I mean elementary to middle school.

1. Be Good Johnny - Men At Work, Business As Usual

2. Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds, The Breakfast Club Soundtrack

3. No One Is To Blame - Howard Jones, Dream Into Action

4. Be Near Me - ABC, How To Be A...Zillionaire

5. Take On Me - A-Ha, Hunting High and Low

What can I say? I was an only child surrounded by Simon and Garfunkel and Joan Baez at home. The kids listening to the local "Classic Rock" station all wore leather jackets, swore, and smoked. While that did become something to aspire to, I just wasn't there yet. Pop music served up by the Morning Zoo. I remind myself of this when I hear some of the music my son is listening to. Tastes change, and this too shall pass.

Still though, this list isn't as bad as I thought it might be. Nice work younger me.

2 comments:

  1. Numbers 2, 3 and 5 are far, Far, FAR and away better than numbers 1 and 4. I will agree with you that Simple Minds, Howard Jones, and A-Ha are tops. But I would round out my top 5 with:

    Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9gKyRmic20&feature=related

    and

    Foreigner - I Want to Know What Love Is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loWXMtjUZWM&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can respect Crowded House, but Foreigner? Ack! PFFT! PFFT!

    ReplyDelete