Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Peoples' Sandwich


What's not to love about a communist sandwich shop? I'm not someone to get nostalgic about the glory days of the cold war, but this place serves up 'dictater chips' with every order (kettle style potato chips made in house no less). That's got to be worth something. The Peoples' Sandwich located on the corner of 1st and Couch in NW Portland is just what it says, a sandwich shop. I've heard about it for a while now but never made the 3 block walk over to check it out. I had it in my head that it was a lot farther away.

Very cool place. The menu was limited, but everything on it looked fantastic. I had the Hammer & Pickle, a cuban sandwich with pork loin, mustard and a dill pickle. My favorite sandwich name ever is now The Peoples' Sandwich. Here's the description: Soylent Green [Pan-Fried Ota Tofu Covered in Pesto], Sweet and Spicy Peppadew Peppers and Filberts on a French Roll. Vegan. I don't think it's OK to claim a sandwich made with Soylent Green is Vegan though...hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment