Monday, March 21, 2011

Fifteen Minutes of Fame?


I think I've had my 15 minutes of fame. The Winterhawks re-tweeted one of my tweets. The Twitter account associated with this blog had 1 follower at the time. The Winterhawks have a following of just over 2000 users.

Not only that, but the re-tweet was re-tweeted by at least two other users. I'm still new to how this sort of thing works, but I think this means that my tweet has been sent to close to 2500 people. Believe me if I had known it was going to be seen by that many people I would have made it more profound.

The tweet said something about the Ross, Nino, Johansen line for the Winterhawks being the best I'd seen in Junior hockey.

What the tweet didn't say is that a few nights earlier I went to a game and got on Nino, and Johansen for not fighting there own battles. In a nutshell both of them will push and shove and then let their teammates stick up for them. They end up cheap shooting opponents and then skating away. That kind of thing drives me batty. I sent out three angry tweets hollering into the wind.

Then I felt bad for criticizing the kids. Remember, Major Junior hockey players are mostly between the ages of 16 and 19. So I put out a "make up" tweet. That line is outstanding and, in my humble opinion, it is the best line I've seen in Juniors, but the tweet I sent out was no different then a referee calling interference on the visiting team after he sends the home team to the box on a soft hook. I tweeted out of guilt and as a good friend of mine reminds me; guilt is a useless emotion.

So, is this my 15 minutes of fame? I'm suddenly inspired to make sure it's not. It was way too fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment