Thursday, March 17, 2011

Watching TV In Bulk


I talked a bit before about my phone and how completely awesome it is. I've been through the entire NCIS catalog, Criminal Minds, and I made a valiant effort to get through Bones. I think I made it to season three, but I really lost interest once Zack left the show.

I'm currently trying to work through JAG. I've got the first season, and I'm trying. I've only been through the first 4 episodes of the 1st season, but it seems pretty slow and dare I say it...Dated. Strange thing to say but I guess 1996 was 15 years ago now. I don't know how much more I'm going to put up with. I'll probably make an effort to get through the first 10 episodes and make a decision after that.

I need to keep in mind that one of my favorite shows of all time, Star Trek: The Next Generation, was pretty horrible during it's first season. Some shows take a year or two to get started. The wait is worth it for those shows, but painful for shows that don't turn the proverbial corner.

CSI was good from the pilot. I really enjoyed The West Wing, and NCIS from the beginning, but getting back to Star Trek, Deep Space Nine was tough to watch from the beginning. Come to think of it Babylon 5 was pretty brutal during the first season as well. Maybe a SciFi thing? Firefly would be the show to prove the rule. 14 episodes, and every single one was gold. I need to find another show like that, but then don't we all?

No comments:

Post a Comment