Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Weather Is Not Quite Frightful

The weather folks got it right this time. They said that we'd see 1"-4" of snow on the ground this morning. For those of you who don't live in the Willamette Valley, that is enough to shut the city down. I hear you folks from the mid-west laughing and that's just fine. I do the same thing when I think of you snowed in from October to April.

The three days of snow we get around here each year should be properly celebrated. This includes kids getting off school, stockpiling of fresh fruits and vegetables, and minute by minute storm coverage from all of the local news outlets.

You can see from the picture that the roads in downtown are clear. I'm not worried about this afternoon, but the overnight lows are supposed to be in the teens. If there's any moisture on the ground tomorrows commute is going to be brutal! I think that's the day I'll stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment