Wednesday, February 23, 2011

No Daily Show, No Colbert Report

I'm missing my Daily Show, Colbert Report fix. When we first received the magic that is the DVR I set both shows up to record all new episodes. Then I combined the two shows by setting The Daily Show to record for 30 minutes past it's scheduled end time. If Comedy Central ever splits those shows up I'm hosed.

Over the last week or so life has gotten in the way and I haven't been able to keep up. I have 3 episodes backlogged and I'll admit to skimming through The Colbert Report and largely skipping the interviews in the third segment. That's the worst part of the show anyways so I don't feel too bad.

Last night I woke up to a sick kid. It took a little bit to put the child to rights and move the youngster back to bed. After that I couldn't get back to sleep so I moved to the living room to get caught up on Comedy Centrals faux journalistic goodness. I managed to get through a Daily Show with Brian Williams, one of my favorite guests, and almost made it to the end of The Colbert Report before falling asleep.

I still have 3 episodes waiting for me after last night. It's like Scotty says to Kirk in Star Trek Generations "...if something's important enough, you make the time".

No comments:

Post a Comment