Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ramblings From The Rink

Spring has sprung and the air is filled with pollen, or in the case of Oregon, rain. Those that should know better are trading that fresh spring air for the smell of an ice rink, along with the accompanying aroma of hockey equipment. 3 vs 3 is upon us once again. My son's session is at 8:30 on Sundays, then he wants to stay for stick time from 9:45-11:00. Then there's a Learn to Play game from 11:15-12:45 that he stays for. That means that I'm going to be at the rink from 7:45 until 1:15 on Sundays for the foreseeable future.

So you all are in luck! I'm going to start blogging during this time. I'm going to start off with matters relating to hockey in general, and youth hockey in particular. I'll try and keep other topics from infiltrating this time, but I've really got no guarantees!

The first topic I'm going to hit up next week is the upcoming vote by the board of governors for USA Hockey to move the introduction of body checking from the Pee Wee level (11, and 12 years old) up to the Bantam level (13, and 14 years old). I have contradictory opinions regarding this and I'll have them laid out for you next week.

In the meantime if any of you have a topic you'd like to see me take a swing at let me know in the comments section below. I've got the comments section set so I'm moderating them. I'm not expecting too many to show up at once, but please expect some delay before they are available to view here.

Take Care!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for your take on the USA Hockey vote, and of course the future blogging topics.

    ReplyDelete